We are looking to hire great people who work hard at delivering exceptional results for clients within a flexible, autonomous workplace. If this interests you, please feel free to reach out to talk about the possibility of joining our team.
Pier Labs is recruiting board members for the upcoming 2021/22 term. Lend your talents and time to help guide Pier Labs, which uses a social innovation approach to improve the wellbeing of citizens and communities.
About Pier Labs
Pier Labs is a federally incorporated non-profit research organization that seeks partnership with various sectors, including not-for-profit, for-profit, academia, foundations, and government to help solve some of the toughest social policy problems our country is facing. Supported by Davis Pier Consulting, Pier Labs works within the following spaces:
- Social science research – We use evidence-based policy approaches such as translating existing research, developing field experiments and randomized control trials, and using other quasi-experimental and evaluation techniques.
- Behavioural science – We have expertise in behavioural science (also known as behavioural economics or behavioural insights) and use the knowledge of human decision-making and common behavioural biases to design “nudge” projects to improve policies, programs, and services.
- Human-centred design – We work with citizens, stakeholders, and government using a formalized design thinking process to develop innovative solutions that can be tested, iterated and scaled.
Should you be interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com by May 31st.
What we are seeking:
Pier Labs is seeking candidates for the 2021-2022 term who hold experience in one of more of the following areas:
- Diversity: We encourage all interested candidates to apply- particularly individuals from equity-seeking groups.
- Nonprofit & Board Governance: Strong understanding of the director’s role, fiduciary duties, and the nonprofit ecosystem.
- Finance & Accounting: Experience in corporate or not for profit accounting and finance, to assess financial viability, financial planning, and oversee funding arrangements.
- Domain Experience: Experience working on addressing complex issues in areas such as poverty, food insecurity, unemployment, housing and homelessness, and community health.
- Research and Innovation Experience: Exposure to environments fostering formalized research and innovation efforts, including academia, policy institutes, startup accelerators, or research and development operations.
- Community Involvement: Time spent volunteering or working directly with community members and organizations.
Board members dedicate ~5 hours per month for board activities, which includes:
- 6-8 board meetings (virtually or in-person)
- Promotion of projects within their network and social media platforms
A team player with an interest in improving the wellbeing of citizens by guiding Pier Labs as it works to tackle complex social issues, with the willingness to:
- Provide strategic leadership
- Be knowledgeable about the organization’s values, mission and programs
- Be an ambassador for the organization and promote its work in the community
- Ensure the organization’s financial viability and sustainability
- Participate in knowledge sharing and advance conversation around complex social issues
Governance and Management
- Commit time for regular board meetings, committee meetings and planning sessions
- Engage in critical thought and be committed to a vibrant future for the organization
- Prepare in advance for meetings, by reviewing and commenting on minutes and reports
- Listen actively and be thoughtful in considering issues
- Get to know other directors and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Actively participate in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts
- Understand the fiscal implications of decisions
- Ensuring no conflicts of interest exist and that ethics are upheld
Davis Pier is seeking a full-time Associate or analyst to join our consulting firm. The successful candidate will lead and deliver exceptional client services necessary to design, plan, and implement lasting change and improvement in complex public sector environments.
We know a consulting firm is only as good as its professionals and we pride ourselves on hiring the highest quality people who share our values: integrity, fairness, flexibility, fun, collaboration, and delivering impact.
The Associate will:
- Act as a lead consultant or team lead on complex projects;
- Manage resources within Davis Pier, partner firms, and client organizations;
- Manage client relationships within project environments;
- Provide expertise in our service lines on client engagements;
- Develop high quality project deliverables;
- Facilitate client workshops and interviews;
- Seamlessly integrate with client teams; and
- Develop tailored approaches to project delivery to ensure engagement outcomes are delivered in an undisruptive manner.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Formal education in business, public administration, engineering, or IT;
- Previous experience in project settings in a professional services environment;
- Focused on providing exceptional results to clients;
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Possess the ability to remain flexible concerning approaches to delivering client solutions;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- Previous consulting experience would be considered an asset; and
- Knowledge of the public sector, the social sector, or healthcare would be considered an asset.
Attn: Michelle MacAulay, Director of Professional Services
Who We Are
Davis Pier is a consulting firm that provides innovative solutions to complex government and social challenges. We work with public, not-profit, and private sector organizations in Canada and internationally to deliver the services necessary to improve society and the lives of others by designing, planning, and implementing lasting change. Our projects include work in a variety of domains, including healthcare, education, employment, social services, regulation, public safety, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development.
The Davis Pier team includes over 30 professionals with several complementary backgrounds, including business consultants, project managers, business analysts, change managers, engineers, service designers, and technical architects. Our core services are: Strategy & Analytics, Design, Transformation, People, and Technology.